This crossword was created with EclipseCrossword by Green Eclipse Software — www.eclipsecrossword.com
4. the set of all possible outcomes from an experiment.
6. number of each type of factors
8. the probability that an event will occur given that another event has occurred
9. the quantity ad - bc
10. events such that the occurence of one influences the occurrence of a second
17. any set of ordered pairs of numbers
20. two numbers whose product is 1.
23. the chance that a given event will occur
25. numbers that make up a matrix
27. a matrix derived from a system of equations
32. a number that can be written as a/b where a and b are integers, but b is not equal to 0.
33. The number of times an item, number, or event occurs in a set of data.
34. The number in the middle of a set of data when the data are arranged in order.
36. another name for exponent
40. a selection of a set of objects wthout regard to the order in which they are selected
41. a line that a graph of a function appears to get arbitrarily close to
42. an equation in which the graphs of the solutions form a (non-vertical) line.
43. a number that can be added to any second number without changing the second number.
44. Numbers composed of a real part of the number and an imaginary part of the number.
48. a quantity that does not change its value.
50. a list of numbers separated by commas
53. how far, on average, each number in the data set is from the mean
54. the set of all elements contained in all of the given sets
57. The number of times a number or expression (called base) is used as a factor of repeated multiplication. Also called the power.
58. a rectangular array (organization) of numbers.
60. a possible result of an experiment.
61. a sequence of numbers in which the difference between any two consecutive terms is the same.
62. an algebraic expression with two unlike terms.
64. probability that two events will occur is equal to the product of the probabilities that each will occur
65. the value of a number defined by its distance from zero on the number line.
66. A number written with an exponent
67. an arrangement of different things in a definite order
1. the set of all elements that belong to at least one of the given two or more sets.
2. a matrix containing only one column
3. a matrix with all elements equal to zero
5. an algebraic expression with three or more unlike terms.
7. any possible outcome of an experiment in probability.
9. another name for order of a matrix
11. a property which states that the sum of two addends multiplied by a number is the sum of the product of each addend and the number.
12. a matrix having the same number of rows and columns
13. describes the number of roots, whether they are real or complex, whether real or irrational, equal or not
14. a matrix containing only one row
15. any real number
16. used to describe patterns with the use of complex numbers
18. inverse of an exponential function
19. numbers that make up a sequence
21. means " the sum of"
22. one of the four regions on a Coordinate plane formed by the intersection of the x-axis and the y-axis.
24. the collection of an event occuring and an event not occuring
26. interchanging of rows and columns in a matrix
28. The number that occurs most frequently in a set of numbers
29. determines the nature of the roots
30. properties that denote an operation is independent of grouping.
31. An equation of degree 2, which has at most two solutions.
35. a function of degree 2 which has a graph that "turns around" once, resembling an umbrella-like curve that faces either rightside up or upside down. This graph is called a parabola.
37. The difference between the largest and smallest values in a numerical data set.
38. the sum of the numbers in a set of data divided by the number of pieces of data. This is what we usually call "average.".
39. a property that states that the sum of a group of numbers is the same regardless of the order in which the numbers are arranged.
40. a sequence in which the terms approach a specific value as you move farther and farther along the sequence
44. a number multiplied by a variable in an algebraic expression.
45. a sequence that is not convergent
46. the number or expression used as a factor for repeated multiplication.
47. a geometric series with no end
49. when two figures share only one common point.
51. Any mathematical sentence that contains the symbols >(greater than), <(less than), <(less than or equal to), or >(greater than or equal to).
52. a sequence of numbers in which the ratio between any two consecutive terms is the same
53. The largest exponent of x which appears in the polynomial
55. a summation of the terms in a sequence.
56. A number whose decimal form is nonterminating and nonrepeating. Irrational numbers cannot be written in the form a/b, where a and b are integers (b cannot be zero). So all numbers that is not rational is irrational.
59. a distribution symmetric around a mean
63. a picture that illustrates the relationship between two or more sets.